The system employs a closed loop, anaerobic thermal conversion process that eliminates the possibility of combustion, thereby creating an environmentally favorable method of conversion when compared to traditional methods of oil extraction and logistics. Using heat, negative pressure, dwell time and chemical extraction, the patented PVC System will simply, safely and profitably convert low-value mixed waste plastic into high value petroleum products.
The oil produced is considered a Sweet Crude Oil and is of high value to off site producers of ASTM spec Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel,
Diesel, Gasoline, Jet-A and other transportation fuels and petroleum products.
- Specially designed cartridges are filled with prepared feedstock and then placed in a large processing vessel called a Plastic Reclamation Unit. Hot air is heated with a light industrial burner and recirculated around the cartridge, transforming the plastic feedstock from a solid to a liquid to a gas.
- Using a combination of temperature and vacuum (or negative pressure), the gases are pulled from the cartridge into a central condensing system.
- In the condensing system, the gases are cooled and condensed into synthetic crude oil. Waste impurities are then removed from the stream and lightweight gases that do not condense continue further downstream where they are treated by an Environmental Control Device.
- The crude oil product leaving the condensing system enters into a coalescing and settling process and is eventually transferred to an exterior aboveground storage tank where it awaits final transportation and sale to a refinery.
Environmental, Economic and Community Benefits
GenAgain's value added proposition wins on economic, environmental and public relations fronts by taking mixed waste plastic and diverting it from the landfill to GenAgain processing systems for conversion into high-value petroleum products. GenAgain and its customers is compelling for both the financial markets and communities in which we operate.
Ample Feedstock Available
- In 2008, the US generated 30 Million Tons of waste plastics.*
- Tipping fees for mixed waste plastics subsidizes costs of production.
GenAgain's Standard 16 Vessel PVC System Processing
- Continuously Operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Converts +/- 48 tons of waste plastic into +/- 296 barrels of oil per day.
- No limitations on the plastic resin types, system handles all seven types.
- Plastic resin types can be commingled or mixed, which eliminates sorting.
- Pre-cleaning of waste plastics (labels and debris) is NOT required.
- Produces Synthetic Sweet Crude Oil used to make petroleum products.
- Patented, Commercially Proven and EPA approved.
*Municipal Solid Waste Generation, Recycling and Disposal in the U.S. : Facts & Figures for 2008; US EPA
- The system produces energy products at substantially reduced costs, allowing GenAgain customers to hedge against ever-rising energy costs and supply/demand forces beyond their control.
- The System provides customers with a clean oil feedstock, which can be easily refined into high-value ASTM-certified energy products.
- Possible Tax and Carbon Credits based on the conversion of a solid waste into fuel.
- Establishes GenAgain as a leader in deploying a viable recycling technology that can be used to convert commingled waste plastics into synthetic crude oil and other petrochemical products.
- Use of the system reduces a waste stream that occupies 20% of all landfill space (by volume), thereby allowing precious landfill space to be used in a more cost-effective manner while reducing the need for further landfill sprawl.
- The system allows customers to behave as environmentally friendly neighbors by eliminating previously unusable waste streams while simultaneously reducing the waste stream's consumption of external energy resources.
- The system is an environmentally clean technology with near zero or minimal emissions, which will meet or exceed all local, state, and federal environmental requirements.
- Full time employment of 20-30 personnel per facility.